Little Horstheif Fire. Jackson, Wy
- This fire threatened the town of Jackson during the summer of 2013. It was started by roaming sparks from a burning yard waste in a barrel.
Little Horstheif Smoke. Jackson, Wy
- This fire burned right along side the highway as you come into Jackson from the south.
Little Horsetheif Firefighters. Jackson, Wy
- This was a 9 million dollar project to protect the many homes threatened and the town of Jackson, Wy.
Firefighters of the Little Horstheif Fire. Jackson, Wy
- The firefighting helicopters were really busy in their efforts to control the fires.
Little Horstheif Spectators. Jackson, Wy
- Many people gatherd to watch the firefighters at work both day and night. Its not to often that something like this happens right at your doorstep!
Little Bear Fire. Jackson Hole, Wy
- The fire burned for over a month in the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
Little Bear Fire Smoke Cloud. Jackson Hole, Wy
- A large plume of smoke that resembled a cumulonimbus storm cloud. (an anvil)
Little Bear Fire in Fall. Jackson Hole, Wy
- Throughout the summer and fall, Jackson Hole was plagued by a blanket of smoke. Sometime it was so thinck the Teton Mountain Range could not be seen from at the base.
Red Rock Fire. Gros Ventre, Wy
- This fire burned during the summer of 2011 and was quite the specticale at night. Not a lot was done to fight the fire because was confined Wildernes areas and National Forest. It is healthy for a ecosystem to have a fire go through regularily.
Wheres the Road? Minot, ND
- Many of the roads were flooded but the big rigs had work to do hauling sandbags and other supplies to help curb the flooding effects in Minot.
Dozer Work. Minot, ND
- People worked frantically to save as manny buildings as they could in Minot.
Cross. Minot, ND
- This was pounded into the ground in one of the refugee parking lots. There was a self help book leaned up aginst in at the base for whoever wanted it.
National Guard Base Camp. Minot, ND
- The National Guard used this school to carry out its opperations. The football field was used as a landing zone and the gym was used as a barracks.
Worried Citizens. Minot, ND
- Thes guys were talking about the flood and lost homes and memories.
National Guard Building Barriers. Minot, ND
- The National Guard was hard at work both day and night trying to save as much of the town as possiable.
National Guard Working. Minot, ND
- It was interesting to see how fast people can get things done if they work together. A lot of Minot was saved!
Examining Handywork. Minot, ND
- Workers are examining the dike to make sure the library remained safe.
Sad Residents. Minot, ND
- These people were looking pretty depressed as they walked away from the scene. Many people only had a few short hours if they were lucky to move out all of the most precious belongings. Some people I talked to only had minutes.
National Guard Basecamp. Minot, ND
- It was weird driving around and seeing millitary everywhere directing traffic and roaming the streets. It felt surreal.
Dike Work. Minot, ND
- Trying to save more buildings in Minot, North Dakota.
Submurged Homes. Minot, ND
- More submurged homes in the city on Minot.
Sandbagging. Minot, ND
- Most of the business in Minot were boarded up and had sand bags surrounding them. Many of the efforts were unsuccessful and the buildlings were flooded.
Red Cross Support. Minot, ND
- The American Red Cross was providing a lot of support for the refugee residents of Minot, ND durring the flood of 2011.
Surveying Chopper. Minot, ND
- This chopper was flying around examining the situation in Minot, ND
Flood. Minot, ND
- More underwater homes in Minot, ND.
Underwater City. Minot, ND
- The chopper is droping sand bags to protect the water treatment center. This is a shot from high ground where flood refugees were camped out. Many people were left homeless because all the hotels were booked by oil workers.
National Guard Chopper. Minot, ND
- The choppers were used to drop sandbags, survey the situation from the air, and also to take up what looked like important people dressed in suits.
Public Library. Minot, ND
- Saving the Library was a huge success during the Minot floods in 2011. Notice how the water was up to the street lights.
Antique Store. Minot, ND
- This was a typical sight seeing sandbags around buildlings everywhere.
Home Under Water. Minot, ND
- I have nothing inportant to say about this one. It was a pretty impressive sight seeing homes underwater during the Minot Flood in 2011.
National Guard Flood Control. Minot, ND
- These were some really nice guys that let me into a close area for photographs. I took their photo and emailed it to them but when taking their photo they were not amused when I told them to act like they liked eachother.
Floating Coke Machine. Minot, ND
- I saw the whole series of events unfold of this building from when they started buildling the earthen wall to when the flood waters overcame it. It was quite the lost effort.
Graffiti. Minot, Nd
- This was a interesting wall within the evac zone in Minot, North Dakota.
Lake Atitlan Volcano Eruption. Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- During a intense hike to the top of a mountain to watch the sunrise, I not only saw the most amazing sunrise I had ever seen but I was also fortuinate enought to see this volcaino erupt. I believe its name was del fuego.